Labor & Employment Law
ERISA Compliance and Litigation | Multi-Employer Pension Plans
We have successfully defended many Missouri and Illinois employers in a variety of employment claims, including discrimination, sexual harassment, wrongful termination, retaliation, whistleblower complaints, disability claims, wage and hour claims under state and federal law alleging improper classification or failure to pay overtime, and other federal and state law-related claims. We have also trained numerous employers concerning non-harassment and non-discrimination, and have counseled and assisted employers with preparing employee handbooks, policies, procedures, and other compliance-related matters.
In addition, our team has handled complex ERISA matters, including pension and welfare plan design, drafting, implementation, and compliance. We assist employers, plan sponsors, trustees, and fiduciaries in addressing questions and liability concerns (including related to multi-employer pension plans, withdrawal liability). We have represented employers and plans in governmental audits, participant claims disputes, and ERISA litigation.
Our talented employment law team is also ready to assist you with your union workforce and labor law matters, including complex issues like collective bargaining, grievances, labor arbitration, strikes and other labor relations matters. We have negotiated collective bargaining agreements throughout numerous industries, including transportation, manufacturing, automotive, and construction.
If your business is facing a labor and employment question, contact us today for a consultation.
We can help with…
- Handbooks, Policies, and Procedures
- Personnel Manuals
- Wrongful Termination
- Sexual Harassment
- Wage and Hour Claims
- Missouri Commission on Human Rights (MCHR)
- Missouri Human Rights Act (MHRA)
- Illinois Human Rights Act (IHRA)
- Illinois Department of Human Rights (IDHR)
- Title VII, ADA
- Disability Discrimination
- Government Procurement
- Retirement/pensions/Multi-Employer Pension Plans
- Health and Welfare Plans
- Labor Arbitration
- Collective Bargaining Agreements
- Whistleblower Complaints and Claims
- Labor Relations
- Withdrawal Liability
- Administrative Enforcement
- Government Investigations
- Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
- Wage and hour investigations by the Department of Labor and civil litigation; overtime; misclassification
- Worker classification/employee v. independent contractor
- Workers’ compensation retaliation
- Executive Compensation and Employment Agreements
- Non-Competition, Non-Solicitation, and Confidentiality Agreements
Protecting St. Louis Businesses In Labor & Employment Disputes
At Beckemeier LeMoine Law, our St. Louis employment lawyers are skilled in representing businesses regarding labor and employment law matters and serving as dedicated advocates for our clients. We are often able to resolve these issues without going to court, but whenever necessary, our talented attorneys will be ready to argue your case.
If your business is facing an employment or labor law question or claim, contact us today for a consultation.